The following weather events are forecast for today:
- Rain, including heavy rain and flooding in the South.
- Thunderstorms, including severe thunderstorms with tornadoes and high winds in the lower Mississippi River Valley. (A tornado watch is currently in effect for eastern Texas and western Louisiana.)
- Snow, including heavy snow in Nebraska where the Storm Prediction Center has issued a mesoscale discussion for snowfall rates of 1 inch per hour.
- Freezing rain in the northeast where a quarter of an inch of ice accumulation is possible.
- A strong cold front will pass through the southern Plains dropping temperatures by 20 degrees.
Otherwise, it will be a pretty quiet day.